This policy was last modified on June 11, 2021.
Table of Contents
- 1. Collection of Data
- 2. Use of Collected Data
- 3. Third-Party Websites
- 4. Sharing of Collected Data
- 5. Transfer of Collected Data
- 6. Data Security
- 7. Data Retention
- 8. Children and Parents
- 9. Our ‘Do Not Track’ (DNT) Policy
- 10. Your Data Preferences
- 11. Law Enforcement
- 12. Security Information
- 13. California Consumer Privacy Act
- 14. Amendments
- 15. Validity
- 16. Contact
1. Collection of Data
We collect data from you in several different ways on the Site, including personal data and data about your use of the Site which does not identify you personally. Personal data means information, or combination of information, that can reasonably be used to identify you personally (such as your name, phone number, address, and email address).
We collect personal data that you voluntarily provide to us.
We collect personal data that you voluntarily provide to us (such as when you submit an inquiry), including name, email address, and any other data you choose to provide.
We automatically collect data about your use of the Site.
When you access and use the Site, our technology and tools may automatically collect and record certain data about your use of and interaction with the Site that does not identify you personally (such as your IP address, browser type, the make and model of device used to view the Site, unique device identifiers, the referring webpage, pages visited, search terms, advertising identification numbers, and log files).
We also use various tracking technologies (such as cookies and pixel tags) to collect data about your use of and access to the Site. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory by websites you visit, applications you use, or advertisements you view and help us improve the Site and your experience on the Site. Pixel tags are electronic images that generate a generic notice of a visit to the Site and are used in conjunction with cookies to anonymously track the activity on the Site by a particular browser.
Third parties may also automatically collect data about you.
2. Use of Collected Data
We use the data we collect to assist in the administration and operation of the Site and to provide you an efficient, meaningful, and customized experience.
3. Third-Party Websites
4. Sharing of Collected Data
We may share the data we collect as follows:
- With our current and future parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, and other companies under common control and ownership;
- With the service providers that perform services for us (such as e-mail and mobile marketing, analytics, and web hosting);
- With our sponsors, promotional partners, or event partners in connection with certain contests, sweepstakes, promotions, or ticketed events;
- With our third-party vendors and partners that sell items, offer promotions, or provide services to you through our services (either alone or jointly with us), as well as third-party advertisers, agencies, networks, ad measurement providers, and other marketing and advertising providers and partners;
- With government or law enforcement officials or private parties (including our legal or other professional advisors) as we determine, in our sole and absolute discretion, is necessary or appropriate to respond to claims or to comply with legal processes, laws, regulations, or ordinances, or to prevent or stop an illegal, unethical, or actionable activity;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, acquisition by another company, or sale of all or substantially all of our business or assets; and
- With your consent or at your direction.
5. Transfer of Collected Data
6. Data Security
We use commercially reasonable technical and organizational measures to help secure and safeguard your data in our possession. However, no data transmission over the Internet is completely secure and no security mechanism is impenetrable. Therefore, although we take steps to protect your data, we cannot guarantee the security of the data that we collect from you or the security of our servers or the Site. By accessing the Site, any transmission of data is at your own risk and you agree to assume all risk in connection with data sent to us or collected by us.
7. Data Retention
We retain data only as long as necessary in light of the purpose(s) for which it was originally collected. Please note that we may retain your data for longer periods of time as necessary to comply with our legal obligations or respond to governmental authorities.
8. Children and Parents
We respect children’s privacy. We do not target or knowingly or intentionally collect personal data from children under the age of 13. By using the Site, you have represented and warranted that you are either at least 18 years of age or using the Site with the supervision of a parent or guardian. If you are under the age of 13, you may not use the Site. If you become aware that your child has provided us with personal data without your consent, please Contact Us.
9. Our ‘Do Not Track’ (DNT) Policy
Some websites have “do not track” features that allow you to tell a website not to track you. We do not currently respond to those signals or any similar mechanisms transmitted by web browsers. To learn more about DNT and tracking signals, please visit All About DNT.
10. Your Data Preferences
Use of Collected Data
11. Law Enforcement
We may disclose your Personal Data to a third party to comply with or as permitted by any applicable laws or regulations, court order or lawful request from any government authority. If we receive a subpoena affecting your privacy, unless there are any prohibitions/ restrictions under applicable laws, we may elect to notify you to give you an opportunity to file a motion to quash the subpoena, or we may attempt to quash it ourselves, but we are not obligated to do either.
12. Security Information
We use SSL and TLS certificates to help secure RFRNCE Sites. However, we make no representations as to the security or confidentiality of your Personal Data. You understand and agree that no transmission of data over the internet is guaranteed to be completely secure. It is in our interest to keep our websites secure, but we recommend that you use anti-virus software, firewalls, and other precautions to protect yourself from security threats.
13. California Consumer Privacy Act
This section is specifically for individuals residing in California. We intend to comply with California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”). CCPA may provide you with additional rights over our use of your personal information, including Personal Data. You may find more information on: https://oag.ca.gov/privacy/privacy-laws. For the purpose of this section, Personal Data shall be part of the definition of “personal information”, meaning information falling under any of the 11 categories listed below which we may collect.
During the past twelve (12) months, below are categories of personal information that RFRNCE has either collected or not:
- Identifiers (such as name, email address, social security number, IP address) – Yes, collected
- Categories of personal information listed in the California Customer Records Statute (this includes information such as name, social security no, physical characteristics, address, telephone number) – Yes, collected
- Characteristics of Protected Classification under California or federal law – Yes, collected
- Commercial information (such as purchasing records) – Yes, collected
- Biometric information – Not collected
- Internet activity (includes search/browsing history) – Yes, collected
- Geolocation data (such as region, country) – Yes, collected
- Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information – Not collected
- Professional or Employment information – Not collected
- Education information – Not collected
- Inferences about personal preferences and attributes drawn from profiling (e.g. via cookies) – Yes, collected
Under the CCPA, personal information does not include information that is publicly available, aggregated consumer information or those not covered by under the CCPA. RFRNCE will only collect personal information in accordance with this Policy.
Sale of Personal Information and Persons under 16
RFRNCE does not sell personal information we collected or received from third party, although we have de-identified and aggregated certain information for both internal and specific commercial use. Our Sites are not intended for individuals below age of 16, and we will not knowingly collect personal information from such individuals. If you are of age 16 years or older, you may request us to not use certain personal information collected from you for the aforesaid purpose by sending us a message at [email protected].
As stipulated in this Policy, you have the right to choose not to provide certain personal information to us. We will not discriminate you in exercising your rights offered by CCPA. Unless where permitted in CCPA, we will not:
- Deny you goods or services;
- Charge a different price or rate for goods or services, including the use of discounts, benefits or other penalties;
- Provide a different level or quality of goods or services; and
- suggest will receive different price or quality of goods or service in exercising rights under law.
Request for Personal Information
Subject to exceptions permitted by law, you have the right to request us to delete your personal information which we may have collected. Upon receipt and confirming your verifiable consumer request, and if exceptions by law do not apply, we will arrange deletion.
To ensure and verify you are the correct and proper person related to the personal information which you want us to delete, upon receiving your request, you must thereafter provide us with the following in order for us to verify:
- Date of Birth (Month/Day) if you recall having provided us with;
- Details of last activity that you conducted on our Sites (for example, if you last made a purchase, details of that purchase such as date, value, item(s) purchased);
- Email address used to conduct your activity on our Sites.
If the information you provided us with is insufficient to verify your identity as the person being related to the personal information requested for deletion, we may request you for supplementary information.
To submit a verifiable consumer request for deleting personal information, you may to Clause 16 below for contact details.
Exceptional circumstances where Hypebeast can refuse deletion if we or our service provider(s) need to retain personal information in order to:
- complete a transaction, perform our contractual obligation which we have entered with you, provide goods or services which you have ordered or is part of our ongoing business relationship;
- detect wrongdoings like security incidents, protect against illegal, fraudulent or deceptive acts which are unlawful in nature;
- debug, identify and repair errors that may impair existing intended functionality;
- exercising free speech, and to ensure the right of free speech of a business or another Californian individual;
- comply with California Electronic Communications Privacy Act;
- conduct research (whether for public, scientific, historical, statistical) which adheres to other applicable ethical and privacy laws;
- internal use which is reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on consumer’s relationship with RFRNCE, or in a lawful manner which aligns with the context and reason for why personal information was provided;
- comply with legal obligations.
We may retain personal information in our electronic archival or backup system.
Last Updated: 11 June 2021